Saturday 20 September 2014

On Gifts

A gift is a beautiful gesture, one that makes you feel special and important. The fact that at some instant of time, that someone thought of you and cared about you that much to want to get you something; it secretly screams "I remember you"(and yes I purposely did not write *remember* in past tense)
I don't know if it's just me, but gifts warm my heart in a way I'm failing to put into words. From small random gifts that just appear out of nowhere, that magically brighten my day, to thoughtful gifts that perfectly matches a detail about you or a need you had.
It takes special people to notice details about you and care the much to choose a gift that corresponds to something that matches a detail in you, a passion you have or an item you needed. Which I can interpret in some other words as "فن اختيار الهدايا"(definitely an art that I too much believe in and can claim to try, yes *try* to follow).

And THESE kind of gifts are another whole level of "heart warming and heart grinning".
It's a scream in your face not just merely "I remember you" BUT "I remember you, I notice stuff about you, you ARE special and I care that much to make you feel so"

I can claim, I have been too lucky to have some people in my life that have taught me this meaning. Every single word I wrote is inspired by their gifts. THEY are the reason for these words to come together, for every time they warmed my heart, for every time they made my heart grin. The beauty of their random and not random, small and big, always thoughtful gifts.

and then I remember "تهادوا تحابوا" and I know, I too much know -cause I have experienced thanks to these beautiful people- how تهادوا definitely, utterly and absolutely leads to تحابوا
 صدقت يا رسول الله، صدقت يا حبيب

No comments:

Post a Comment